Sunday, June 8, 2014

Book Tour: Formula For Love Viki Lyn ($15 Amazon GC)

BY Unknown 11 comments



http://goddessfishpromotions.blogspot.co.at/2014/04/virtual-blurb-blitz-tour-formula-for.html?zx=504ee7400bcbb47a 
This post is part of a virtual book tour organized by Goddess Fish Promotions. Viki will be awarding $15 Amazon GC to a randomly drawn commenter during the tour. Click on the tour banner to see the other stops on the tour. Remember, the more stops you visit and comment, the better your chances to win.

BLURB:

Kenneth Hailey, an uptight conservative mathematician, believes he's in control. After all, every problem can be solved in a deliberate and logical manner. Even love. When his fiancée dumps him for his best friend, he leaves Manhattan for the West Coast. What better place to forget his past. It's 1967, and San Francisco is the place to turn on, tune in, and drop out.
 
But is he ready for Rose Red?

Rose Red, a free-spirited flower child, challenges Kenneth, thrusting him into her world of love-ins, protest rallies, and rock concerts. Kenneth finds himself falling down a rabbit hole, hanging on for dear life.

Old habits die hard, and he retreats, but Rose Red has other plans for him.


EXCERPT

Formula For Love, copyright 2014, Viki Lyn
Rose patted his hand. “Forget it. You already said too much. You think girls don’t have the brains for math. We’re too emotional for such discipline. So do you want to sleep with me?”
Kenneth choked, and a spray of coffee spurted across the table, barely missing Rose. He wiped up the mess with his napkin, while muttering an apology. “I might be behind the times, but I like to be the one to invite the girl to bed.”
“If I waited for you to make the first move we’d never get past first base.”
“There’s the unwritten teacher-student rule.”
“You said our paths would never cross, so why worry about it? Do you always follow the rules? We can bend them a little. I’m not talking about a relationship here.”
“You’re talking about loving the one you’re with.” He smiled at himself for using her phrase. The sunlight broke through the window and Rose’s hair shone a burnished copper. Luscious, silky hair he’d like to touch again. “What do you mean by bend?”
“We can sleep together, and since we’re not looking for love, and we’re not each other’s type, and don’t want to—”
“—form any attachments.”
Rose sat back and crossed her arms. “Are you going to let me finish my sentence?”
Kenneth sank in his chair, uncomfortable with the conversation, but riveted.
“Yes, since we don’t want any attachments,” she continued, “it would be ideal. What do you say?”
He scratched his chin. “So I’m going to love the one I’m with after all? I don’t know.”
Rose waved off Kenneth’s worried expression. “Sex can be fantastic, and I’m horny, been without it—”
“—for a day?”

AUTHOR Bio and Links:

There’s nothing better than reading a good book over an espresso, watching a movie, trying out a new restaurant with close friends or laughing hysterically with my sisters. Some of my favorite movies reveal the truth, that I am a sentimental girl at heart: When Harry Met Sally, Something's Gotta Give, Latter Days, Lord of the Rings, Sense and Sensibility and North and South (the BBC series).

What inspires me - the reality that romance between lovers is a hope more than a guarantee. My stories are an eclectic mix of contemporary and paranormal, but it is always romance that drives the story to its final happily-ever-after.

Find me at:





Buy Links:

Musa Publishing: http://musapublishing.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=35_29&products_id=765

Amazon Kindle: http://www.amazon.com/Formula-Love-Viki-Lyn-ebook/dp/B00JGCDV0O/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1398196805&sr=8-5&keywords=formula+for+love

11 comments:

  1. Dori, thanks for hosting my book today! I loved writing FFL. I'm from the San Francisco area. Many of the places in the book were real - and were my old stomping grounds (years later!). ;0 I will pop back in to answer any questions about the book. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed the excerpt.

    Kit3247(at)aol(dot)com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice Excerpt! I hope to read this book.
    Thanks for the giveway!
    v_theberge@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun excerpt. Boy do I remember the 60's and this sounds perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Evening! I'm back from meeting my friend for coffee. :) Thank you all for commenting on the excerpt. Rose is a challenge for Ken, who needs a semblance of control. Even if his life is anything but predictable once he meets Rose Red. LOL. And thank you Dori, again, for hosting my book today. I will check back tomorrow morning and say hello!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoyed the excerpt thank you.

    marypres(AT)gmail(DOT)com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello again. It's early here and I'm on my second cup of coffee. Again, I want to thank Dori for being a blog stop! And for you all for commenting. Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for sharing. Great excerpt!
    Yvette

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like a fun book with the opposites attract aspect.
    strive4bst(AT) yahoo(Dot) com

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds like an interesting read. Thanks for sharing brown_angel 123at) yahoodot) com

    ReplyDelete